Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

Security light came on in my 05 tahoe, Its blinking, Yes

Customer Question

Security light came on in my 05 tahoe
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Its blinking
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes trying myself..i ubplugged my battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Now i tried to start it and am leavibg it in on position
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

Have you already left the key in the on position for 10 minutes or are you trying that now

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried it and started

Awesome! One more piece of advise...please visit the dealership and see if your vehicle is covered under the massive recall campaign that was launched involving the ignition switch replacement. If it is covered, it would be replaced at no cost and the security module would need to be reprogrammed, which could solve your problem permanently. As I'm sure you are aware, the security system going into lockout mode is something that was caused by some sort of problem; either the key, the transponder/receiver or the module. I would advise checking the recall and / or having the codes scanned (even if the engine light is not on and the security light doesn't come back) before it happens again.