Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Battery is good, but no cabin lights or starter power... Not…

Customer Question
Battery is good, but...

Battery is good, but no cabin lights or starter power...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Not yet, as I have a funeral in a few minutes to attend.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2007 2500HD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Other than initially the cigarette/misc did have, but this morning there is no power anywhere.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/10/2017
Chevy Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the vehicle is electrically dead then the issue is either with the battery, cables and connections, or possibly a power distribution issue. It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

How did you determine the problem is not a dead battery?