Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Cruise will not engage checked wire under dash at connector

Customer Question

cruise will not engage checked wire under dash at connector and it has power on off and accel
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: once or twice , sometimes driving, hard to renguage
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1994 z71 4x4 350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: jut put awiper motor in ,it too was off and on two days ago ok today, also a little flicker brake light in dash and I have a towing assist on bottom of dash seems to work
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The flickering brake light may be disabling the cruise control.Check and make sure your brake fluid reservoir is at the correct level.If found to be low it needs topped off.If found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete