Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

08 Avalanche has Code P0230 & P069e, the dealership has so

08 Avalanche has Code P0230 & P069e, the dealership has so far replaced the fuse block, the FSCM Module & the PCM, still have Engine light on with the above codes. I did notice today that the fuel pump continually runs with the key on but not running, shouldn't the fuel pump kick off after a few seconds of priming?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I might as well, the dealer has replaced the fuse block, the FSCM and the PCM and its still throwing codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I put a new ground wire from engine to body and the engine light went off but returned a few days later with the same codes.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

You are correct on the fuel pump running for few seconds only , and what keeps off and then back on is the FPCM (Fuel pump control module ) ( i believe that is what you meant by FSCM)

This is usual the FPCM , but click on link to view pdf file and troubleshoot steps for these faults , since it could be few other things and testing is needed

It seems you have a ground problem keep it on but let test

click on link and tell me if you can view that circuit

i want you to look at the fuel pump relay that activate the fuel pump ,where it has ground point G300 and 3 more pins one from ecm/pcm, one from switch and one to fuel pump

so at that relay with test light can do you know how to test on what is keep it on ,switch side , ecm side or ground

G300 location: (Under Vehicle driver door at on BODY MOUNT )

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat