GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Changed my caliper on my 2005 Silverado 2500 diesel. When

Customer Question

Changed my caliper on my 2005 Silverado 2500 diesel. When bleeding brakes, I have no fluid coming to driver front side . Also, I have no guide in the main line back to master cylinder. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Whats your procedure for bleeding brakes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let's get started
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Turn on engine, wife pumps brakes several times the holds to floor while I turn screw to bleed. Usually after I get fluid, I close and she releases brake. Do several times but wait 15 seconds in between each attempt.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

oh wow so your not getting anything with full pressure at caliper?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, and nothing in the line going back to master on that front side back.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

So I would pull the line going straight to the master as see if your getting anything there and that would rule that out if its a master or not

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Umm already said I did that. It's not the master cause I get fluid from other brakes
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

did you check the valve that splits off and goes to both calipers? its more so like a splitter block

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't have a splitter. They are separate lines and the lines are clear.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you know anything about the Silverado 2500 diesel?
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

so if you can trace the low fluid flow to the ABS system, the bphv which is the piece in the middle of the picture I sent could have some debris in it and may need to be cleaned, I would pull that and inspect for any issues, but when reinstalling it will need to be bled by a scanner after doing a primary bleed on the system

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

that unit controls individual flow to each caliper via a solenoid and by the slightest amount of contamination will cause issues

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
K