GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Rear access light is on with door shut, I have checked the

Customer Question

rear access light is on with door shut
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: I have checked the door latch's, but not the fusses
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 chevy suburban Lt,*****JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would if I can find out what to look for
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: all doors are totally shut but dash light wont go off, and its draining the battery
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

So with this you will need a scanner to get into the BCM to read what is open in the system so you know where to look next

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, this is over my head, I do not have a BCM scanner, I will take this to a local dealer.
Thank you for your time. sorry to bother you.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

no worries just giving you some answers, let me know how it goes before you approve anything I can help with repairs and make sure they arnt trying to sell you things you dont need

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** 5.oo dollars then 28.00 dollars, from my PayPal account...no, I am done. no more.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

well you have allready paid, its just the one fee and we can talk for as long as you would like.