Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Rear access light is on with door shut, I have checked the…

Customer Question
Rear access light is...

Rear access light is on with door shut

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

I have checked the door latch's, but not the fusses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003 chevy suburban Lt,*****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would if I can find out what to look for

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All doors are totally shut but dash light wont go off, and its draining the battery

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/9/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So with this you will need a scanner to get into the BCM to read what is open in the system so you know where to look next

Ok, this is over my head, I do not have a BCM scanner, I will take this to a local dealer.
Thank you for your time. sorry to bother you.

no worries just giving you some answers, let me know how it goes before you approve anything I can help with repairs and make sure they arnt trying to sell you things you dont need

No thank you, ***** ***** 5.oo dollars then 28.00 dollars, from my PayPal account...no, I am done. no more.

well you have allready paid, its just the one fee and we can talk for as long as you would like.