AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Where is the fuse for the brake lights for an 03 chevy

Customer Question

Where is the fuse for the brake lights for an 03 chevy Silverado 1500 hd
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Brake lights both stopped working and it's not the bulbs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

May I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1gcgc13u33f173961
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Thank you.

one moment please

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Does the center high stop lamp work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wait one. I'm doing this without a second person
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Ok, no problem. :)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the upper light works, so it's not the fuse. What's my next step
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Excellent! That means the stop lamp switch and the circuit is working.

There is a separate fuse for the two lower brake lights. It is the VEH STOP 15 amp fuse located in the left instrument panel fuse block.

First, check this fuse to ensure it is good. If so, check to ensure this fuse has power on it with the brake pedal depressed.

Let me know!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Which fuse block is that?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Inside the vehicle on the left side of the dash.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Which 15a fuse is it?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

VEH STOP

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fuse is good and there's power going to it
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information. This indicates a faulty rear junction block that looks like the picture I have attached below. It is located in the rear of the vehicle and the brake light circuit going to the lower two brake lights travels through this. This component is likely at fault and will need to be replaced. YOU WILL NEED TO LOOK UNDER THE TRUCK on the frame in the back for this component.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could it be a relay or a wire under the hood?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any further questions, sir?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I've got it it. I've picked up the part and it'll get fixed today
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Sounds good thanks for the heads up!

I am glad I can help!Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay so it wasn't the junction. What else could it be?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Wiring in or out (to or from) the junction.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I am glad I can help! Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm attempting to swap out the boo switch. If that doesn't work, I'm going to a mechanic.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Sounds good

I am glad I can help!

Thanks and have a great day!!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>