Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2000 blazer hesitates, trailerhitches, at exactly 1250 rpms…

Customer Question
2000 blazer hesitates, trailerhitches...

2000 blazer hesitates, trailerhitches, at exactly 1250 rpms after it has warmed up. Doesn't do it when cold. Feels like its trying to shift. Step on gas and increase rpm and it goes away. Don,t have the problem if run strickly in 3rd gear setting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts fine, milage is average 17/19.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

If i can I will but have not been able to diagnous problem. Some say fuel some say shift solenoid and other.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/9/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 9 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

This sounds like an over-active EGR valve. Unplug it and see if the problem stops. The spring gets weak over time and causes it to stay open too long.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Hi Ron, I decarbonized the egr valve. Now I need to drive it some to see if there is any improvement (today). If there is some but not complete improvement I'll purchase a new valve. Thanks.

Okay.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.