TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

Our Corvette 2005 won't start, My husband parked it for

Customer Question

Our Corvette 2005 won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: My husband parked it for about 45 minutes and now it won't start
JA: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually, we haven't checked it yet. We are still waiting for a friend coz we did not have any tools with us.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The radio is working, but that's about it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What else should we check aside from the battery?
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Are you getting a security light or any other lights on in the dash?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already got charged for $38. Would I be charged again for any additional questions I have?
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

no thats a one time fee, and you should just be charged the 5$ and then when you rate me you will be charged the rest

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There are some lights- check engine light
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok...thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The radio still works.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

what are all of the lights? and have you had the check engine light checked for any codes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I see the battery light goes on when I tried to start it. No we haven't done it. This is the first time it came up.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

ok first things first we need to verify voltage at battery and when trying to start do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It only goes up to 11
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

well that need to be fixed first, the battery either needs to be charged or replaced, any local auto parts store can test the battery and or charge it for you for free

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We are currently waiting for a friend who could assist us on charging the battery.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

ok let me know how that turns out, dont directly charge the battery with the cables connected to the car , remove the cables negative and then positive, install cables positive than negative when done charging

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

hows it coming?