GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 99 tahoe that I would like to get back into good

Customer Question

I have a 99 tahoe that I would like to get back into good shape. I plan on this being my daily driver for quite a while for reasons we don't need to get into. But I really need someone who knows the GMT420 inside and out and preferably owns or has owned one in the past. I am prepared to start replacing things piece by piece, but I need help diagnosing and prioritizing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I am willing to help, what question do you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
have you owned a
GMT420 Tahoe?

Yes though quite some time ago.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I really need someone who's know this Tahoe inside and out. Would oh be the right guy?

Until I know what questions you have I will not know if I can answer them or not.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, why does the fuel gage vibrate back and forth?

Is this a fast vibration or a slow movement of the needle like it is registering the fuel sloshing around?

Does it settle down when not driving?