Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replacing the power steering pump. But it leaks and" pops"

Customer Question
Replacing the power steering...

Replacing the power steering pump

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

No, but it leaks and " pops" when accelerating from a stop

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

08 Silverado z71

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself. Putting more power steering fluid, but there's an obvious leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/8/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Ron Z., - Chevy Tech - replied 11 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Are you looking for the repair manual procedure to replace the pump?

Ok. Great. No problem. May I have the engine size in your vehicle?