Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 98 camaro will turn over and try to start but it doesnt…

Customer Question
My 98 camaro will...

My 98 camaro will turn over and try to start but it doesnt run. I bought it with out the chipped key, i did order the key from the dealer, but it acks the same as it did with just the spare key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery is good i dont think there is any corroded connections

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camaro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I bought it 3 months ago they lost the key, My son and I are restoring it for him to drive next year at 16

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We rebuilt the carberator

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/8/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Check resistance of key using a meter then access wires going to ignition lock cylinder and check to see if they show same resistance as key with key in on and start positions. Let me know, thanks.