Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 1988 corvette and i repalced head light motor gear

Customer Question

i have a 1988 corvette and i repalced li head light motor gear and noww sometimes it wont go up
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes it only does it sometimes and of corse its getting dark and it wont go up
JA: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes im doing it my self i replaced the plastic gear with a new brass one
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you hear the head light motor trying to work but it is not going up at all but intermittently it does go up this can indicate in allot of cases the head light motor itself is weak needing replaced.I have seen the head light motor fail in the past before causing this type of fault here with it needing replaced to resolve this fault.I would have the wiring and connections checked to the motor to make sure they are o.k.If they are all o.k. I suspect the motor is becoming to weak and intermittently causing this fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete