Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Idk. I have a few things that might be related. I have the

Customer Question

Idk. I have a few things that might be related. I have the ABS and Traction control lights on in my car. Plus my blinkers sometimes work and other times don't. When the blinkers aren't working, there is a noticeable power loss. It comes and goes how it pleases.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Whatever comes on the dash by the check engine light. It has disappeared 2 times but always comes back.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2000 Corvette conv
JA: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not really. I have cleaned the chassis ground mounts in the engine compartment because it seems like aground short our something. Also checked each fuse 1 by 1
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can plug into your model and can read all computers.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

If this has already been done with no success to locating the fault or if you can get the codes checked and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete