Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2006 chevy trailblazer wont pass emissions. evap incomplete…

2006 chevy trailblazer wont pass...
2006 chevy trailblazer wont pass emissions.evap incomplete and o2 monitor incompleteWhere do I start?
8/22/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -

Hi Brian! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Brian, may I have the engine size in this vehicle?

4.2

Great thanks Brian. My apologies. There are only a handful of Techs that take phone calls. Unfortunately, I am not one. If you'd like, we can continue here in Q&A chat and I can provide you with the information and help you need, and I can handle any follow-ups you may have.

okay.. I can replace both o2 sensors and hopefully get rid of that code, but where should i start w the evap system?

Brian, is there currently a Check Engine Light on? Or is it just the Readiness Monitors that are "not ready"?

check engine light on

Ahhh! Ok. Before the readiness monitors will run, the reason the Engine Light is on must be addressed. Do you happen to have the current "p-codes"?

PO463- Fuel level sensor a
i guess he just told me the gas gauge does not work??

Ok Great. GIve me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!
The P0463 is a very straight forward code pointing to a problem with the Fuel Level Sensor .Very common GM fail item. This is the reason the fuel gauge on the dash doesn't work. The Level Sensor is located inside the fuel tank, mounted to the side of the fuel pump assembly. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness to the top of the fuel tank for any loose, broke or damaged wires. If the inspection checks ok, the tank will need to be removed, the pump removed from the tank, and the level sensor replaced. Once replaced, clear the codes by removing the "NEG" Cable from the battery for a minimum of 5 minutes and then run the vehicle through a drive cycle. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

awesome thanks... you have the part number for that sensor?

Give me one minute... let me load the catalog up...

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -

Brian- No Chevy OE part number for it. Like I say, VERY common fail item. It's been updated a few times. But... looks like AdvanceAuto has one in the "Dorman" brand name. It's part number: 911-013. Again, like I say, common fail item, so just about any parts store will have using Year, Make, Model and Engine size.

Thanks!!

You're welcome Brian! Glad I could be of some help today!

Thanks again??
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -