Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

All gauges are in the red, but motor is running fine and not

over heating. JA: Have you checked...
All gauges are in the red, but motor is running fine and not over heating.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Cooling system is fine. Like I said all gauges, volts, temp, oil pressure, are pegged in the red.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Chevy Trailbla
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 Trailblazer
JA: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and no I have not tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Temp and Oil Pressure are pegged to the right. Volts are normal.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/21/2017
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. disconnect the negative battery cable for 10 minutes. then reconnect it.

OK, will try that.

ok, ill be here, let me know if that resets everything.

Gauges are now normal, but now the idle is up and down 300 - 700 rpm.

the idle will relearn itself

does that mean that after a number of starts and stops it should return to normal?

yes sir

it may even relearn itself on a 5 mile trip

It has already after two starts. Oil pressure is still not quit right but may correct itself in time. May need to remove negative batt. connection one more time.

oil pressure reading a bit hi?

try the battery agin

Will do. Thank you very much for the help. You get a Five Star Rating from me.

thank you. please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic