Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Makes whining sound as I accurate if ac is on. Amp quit a…

Makes whining sound as...

Makes whining sound as I accurate if ac is on. Amp quit a year ago n replaced two blower motors on it in a year. 2005 Monte Carlo. Can they be connected issues?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No bad fuses. Avoiding the wiring as so hard to get at

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monte Carlo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the blower motor myself and resistor. Just trying to figure out if I am capable of this job

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Second blower motor had rust on bolts after only 9 months of use. Not sure, again, if they are connected issues

8/21/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I am sorry so far all other techs have passed on this question. I am on vacation not working as many hours as normal. I will try to help when I can if help is still needed.

If I shut off ac I dont hear the whine. Do you think it could be connected to all the other issues I mentioned?
That was supposed to say when I accelerate. Hear it mainly in the lower gears. Not once at higher speed

Can you duplicate this noise in park just reving the engine?

Is it related to the AC being on or the HVAC blower being on?

Did not hear it with ac off. Revved it up idleing n still hear noise with ac blower on

Hold the rpms up in park so the noise occurs. Does the noise change as you change the blower speed. If so then I recommend a new ground added to the blower motor resistor as a first attempt.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician