Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Will not go into gear, 2004, silverado, fixing for a friend,

Will not go into...

Will not go into gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Chevy?

Silverado

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing for a friend

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tried fuses checked fluid level all good

8/20/2017
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

will it physically shift into drive and reverse ?

no it does not

watching the shift cable do you see the shift cable shifting it into reverse and drive ?

when it park will it NOT roll and lock on the parking lock ?

let me know ?

it parks ok in park

is the fluid full in the transmission ?

it is
it goes into gear enough to notice but not enough to move the car
solenoid?

watching the transmission cable at the transmission do you see the cable shift the transmission into reverse and drive ?

it is not a solenoid

reverse works with no electronics and should move in reverse no matter what if the fluid id full

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician