Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2000 Chevrolet Silverado all speeds sometimes works

2000 Chevrolet Silverado all speeds sometimes works sometimes not while driving with switch on it will come on no warning and stop working with no notice
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, seeking possibilities first
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

I'm assuming you are talking about the blower motor speeds?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

This most likely means the blower motor is failing then when it stops working the air from driving down the road spins it until it hits the good spot in winding allowing it to work a little longer. You can prove blower motor is cause by unplugging it during problem and verifying it still has good power/ground if so replace blower motor. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oby4ijynttjyy25/blowermotorr.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I'm able to spin the blower wheel by hand while asking for air would that be another way of checking

True but checking power/ground is still the best way. Let me know how it turns out or if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What does that intale power and ground

Using a multimeter or testlight to verify test light lights up when going between the two wires or meter showing 12v. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.