AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

No power, won't start, not the battery, key fob won't let me

no power, won't start, not the battery
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: key fob won't let me access door, and instrument cluster won't turn on
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2011 corvette
JA: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: battery is fully charged, all fuses are ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: tried to start vehicle, as soon as i hit ignition button, everything died
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
after initial start try 2 days ago, when everything went blank and had zero power to anything, I have checked battery, which has 11.72 volts at battery, checked all fuses which were ok, and shook ground wires at battery and at fuse block at engine bay, still nothing, checked all fuses in engine compartment and passenger floor board

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

What is the battery voltage at when you try to stat the engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
11.72 volts, nothing works at all, it is push button start and nothing happens when you push the button, no lights, no anything

No, when you go to start the engine, what does the battery voltage DROP DOWN TO?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is no change, nothing happens at all
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is no draw because nothing is happening, because the push botton has no power

Did you actually check it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am in the car as we speak

Ok, excellent!

Now, lets check the voltage on the MAIN or MAXI fuses when the push button is depressed.

Please call me now