Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Having issues with steering after it runs for a while it's…

Having issues with steering...

Having issues with steering after it runs for a while it's hard to steer it's a 2011 chevy traverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

Yes and the problem is still there they where good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything but also don't want to take it to the shop and then take me to the cleaners because I don't know anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can give u my vin#

8/20/2017
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer.

There is a special coverage on power steering.

If you post your VIN I can check.

1GNKVLed2bj121785
129790 miles

You have Special Coverage 14329 on your Traverse

It is good for 10 years and 150,000 miles.

There are two parts the dealer replaces.

The power steering pump and a housing.

The housing was replaced 2011 at 24,887 miles

I hope this helps

GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
if the housing was replaced before I owned does it still cover it

When the dealer does the special coverage. They make sure it has been updated. If so they just replace the pump and flush the system

Ty so much I won't feel dumb when I take to dealership near us
Thank you for letting me help.