Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra and the air conditioner - or

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2004 GMC Sierra and the air conditioner - or something related to it crapped out. It won't blow at all. It was working just fine, and then over the course of this summer, it would sometimes blow hot air out of the driver side vents. And from there I'd turn the truck off and back on and it would work. Well it won't blow air at all now. Not on the windshield, feet or through the regular vents

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Those are ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried nothing. This just happened yesterday. I'd like to fix it myself if I can.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's all for now

8/15/2017
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks foir visiting the site. If the fan isnt working on any sppeds then the blower motor will need replaced.

If I hook it up to one of those code things, will it give me a code?

no. its the blower motor, not an engine problem. you need to replace the blower motor.

Great, thank you very much. I'll do that

you're very welcome. please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. even though you accept and rate doesnt mean we are done as i will be with you until the vehicle is fixed. thank you have a great week

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you very much