Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Request, Chevy Mechanic I was just given a 2001 Dodge 1500

Request Dan, Chevy Mechanic
I was just given a 2001 Dodge 1500 Ram Pickup. It has several odd ball problems but runs fine. It has a V-8 engine. How do I determine which one?

Jack up the front end. Use a floor jack under the control arm and raise it to close to ride height. Grab the tire with both hands and shake top to bottom feeling for any play. you can also use a pry bar to feel for any play in the ball joint. They will also make a squeaking noise when turning the steering wheel left to right.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry, I dd not explain myself well. I only need how to determine the engine size.
Look for the emissions sticker on the bottom side of the hood. Or send me the vin number.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The VIN is 3B7HC13YX1G228313

You have the 5.2 v8.

please rate 5 stars and it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.