Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2006 chevy Colorado.. no blower fan operation.. changed

resistor and plug checked fuse JA...
2006 chevy Colorado.. no blower fan operation.. changed resistor and plug checked fuse
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: no??
JA: Are you fixing your Colorado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
8/12/2017
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics

Do you have Voltage + on the BROWN wire of the Blower Motor with Key ON?

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics
have not check.. brown wire???
requested phone
ok .. so back to the question.. what brown wire???
Triston
Phone call session started

There are "2" wires at the Blower Motor......IF you are referring to the inside Blower Motor for the Heat / A/C??
BROWN wire & ORANGE wire at the Plug of the Blower Motor

.

Do you have Voltage + on the BROWN wire with Key ON?

i have to check???

thanks

the plug at the base of the blower motor.. brown and maybe red/orange.. but NO voltage
did you get the reply.. NO VOLTAGE...

did you get the reply.. NO VOLTAGE...
??
.

No Voltage where..........I asked you to Test Fuse 41 under the hood......

Have you tested that?

sorry had the meter not set.. 14.4 volt at the brown wire
14.4 volts at the brown wire of the blower motor

Can you supply a Ground - jumper wire to the ORANGE wire with Key ON ....."BRIEFLY" & tell me what happens

to plug in the brown and use a jumper for the orange??
i don't thin that is possible but voltage is between 14-15 volts with the engine running to the brown

Blower Motor MUST be plugged in
Voltage on BROWN wire with Key ON
Brief Ground to the ORANGE wire & see if Blower Motor runs
Just use a piece of electrical wire to the Body & touch it to the ORANGE wire......

you want to do a pigtail for the ground..orange.. and have the the plug ..ok i will try

all you are doing is supplying a "BRIEF" Ground - to the ORANGE wire with KEY ON.......

SPARK.. but no blower operation
i am getting voltage to the blower.. and ground is good.. does that conclude the wiring harness is shot????.. I replaced the resistor and the plug to the resistor.. it was messed up pretty good.. .. but the harness I didn't change

IF you got a spark & the BLOWER did not come ON & there is "still" Voltage + on the BROWN wire, then the Blower Motor is BAD.
That is why the Blower Motor Resistor was bad......to much AMPs to turn the Blower Motor
Replace the Blower Motor

or with voltage to the blower.. maybe it has finally died with the resistor and plug .. It was working intermittent.. until two day ago.... thank you I have a full body warranty that will take care of that problem then

sounds good........
Let me know if you need further.........

.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today.
Please reply and let me know why.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
.........................................................................
.

thank you will call my service center on Monday now..debrief the flow and replacement

.

Please reply and let me know why.
................

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics