kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

How about a coolant hose diagram? the guy who took this

How about a coolant hose diagram?
the guy who took this motor out didn't do me any favors. i have missing hoses and broken fittings. trying to put this back together.

HI,

Dont have that either. I will open this up to other experts that may have this. Hard to find diagrams for anything pre 1985

I will do my best to help you with this problem. Can you send me a pic or two of the fittings that are broke, and what all hoses you need to put back on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well its the actual hose routing that im having trouble with

There are only 5 hoses for this system, the two heater hoses, the upper and lower radiator hoses, ans the bypass hose. Does this car have factory ac?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no ac on this one.
what what connections is the bypass routed?

The bypass hose goes between the back of the water pump and the front lower section of the intake.

Some models" the ones with the ram air" did not have a hose n this location, but the timing cover bolted to the intake. A pic of the engine would be a big help so I can see exactly what you are working on and what needs to be done.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
two pics of intake and one of block/heads.
in the pic with the engine on the stand there is a port to the right of the distributor that comes out of the head that i do not know what hose to connect to it.

The port on the passenger side head is the heater hose. The timing cover will bolt up against the small port in the lower section of the front of the intake and seal off. When you bolt the intake to the heads, make sure that the timing cover will fit up tight to this port.

The other heater hose will come out of the passenger side of the water pump.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is also a hole that runs down through the intake and into the vally pan. located in front just behind the four port thermal vac valve. ive seen the heater hose connected here also. i have no idea

That hole is for the temp sensor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
id also need to know what all the other ports are on the intake.
1) next to the EGR
2) two prong front center behind cooling neck
3) one horizontal port next to carb mounting area
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im pretty sure the temp sensor is in the side of the driver side head
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have tape over it in one of the pics i sent you

The port under the mixture screws will be for the pcv valve. You are correct, this port is for a 4 post vacuum port, here is a pic so you can better see what I mean and what you need to get,

Let me see if I can find you a good vacuum diagram for the vacuum hose routing.

Can you send me a pic of the back of the intake so I can see the area around the egr port?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do you have a way of marking the ports with a description and sending back to me?

Those port will go to the choke pull of on the side of the carb. I am sorry, my printer has run out of ink so I can not print them out and mark them for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
which port? how about the two prongs next to the number 1 on intake

First off that is not the correct carb for this engine. The carb you have is off of a 79-up gm car with an electric choke. The two ports in the intake in front of the carb are for the heat riser block off at the manifold on the passenger side. It restricts the exhaust when the engine is cold.

With this carb having an electric choke, you can just remove the tube that is sticking up, and ignore the two ports.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
wow ok,
and for the hole that runs down into the valley pan...would that be for the pcv?

yes

kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience: I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q