Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When I try to crank it the horn blows and car won't start.

When I try to...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yeah it does similar to the security system issue thing. The motor won't turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2007 Chevy uplander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was and still am on a trip it just started doing this yesterday and I let it sit and it crank after awhile.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No but thanks I am stranded out of town on side of road

8/7/2017
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

When you say the horn blows, does it start honking once every second or so, as though you've hit the panic button on the key fob?

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
it blow like the security system
Phone call session started