Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Code 1516, been reset many times and it is p 1516 throttle

Customer Question

code 1516
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: been reset many times and it is p 1516 throttle body something something
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: took it to chevy dealer shop and their compter confirmed it 2003 chevy suburban 1500 with 5,3 engine with vortex
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: they had me bring it in after code made engine go into reduce engine power without resetting
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: could not give me a derfinite reason for failure . wanted to start replacing expensive parts with no garentee hat is wrong
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
another shop pulled connection off mas air flow senser and said the engine should quit. it didn't so replaced mass air flow senser and still had it go into reduced powerf mode 10 times in 80 miles
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
eye balled connection pigtail and saw no damage to wires or plug going into throttle body sensers
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

This code is related to the throttle body assembly, shop who said disconnecting mass airflow sensor should cause stall doesn't know what they are talking about because it shouldn't cause vehicle to stall. Inspect throttle body connector and wiring, clean ground G104, and if problem still exists replace throttle body assembly. Here is a picture of ground, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvk22t83zb0ognn/g104.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
will be a few days till I get back from hospital but will let you know how successful. spent $80 on mass flow sensor so far. some one said I can get throttle body from rock auto so will see if they can beat chevy dealer who charging $350