Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It's full of gas, gage reads empty and it did start but shut…

Customer Question
It's full of gas...

It's full of gas, gage reads empty and it did start but shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Nope not a gas hog, it start like normal and just died, gas gage reads empty, but tank is full

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

S10 20014 cylinder automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S10?

Sorry fat fingers 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I added gas cause gage read empty, thinking gas was siphoned, it was not, gage still reads empty, it did start and I drove for a very shirt period on the drive way ... could it be the float is stuck?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Last time I used it was 4 days ago read like normal

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
8/6/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

so will the engine run now ?

let me know