Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 siverado w/t 2wheel drive pulsating brake peddle then…

Customer Question
2007 siverado w/t 2wheel...

2007 siverado w/t 2wheel drive pulsating brake peddle then abs light tells of being activated. during normal weather and driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just the abs light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2007 chevy silverado w/t classic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried anything. when you first use the brakes it will pulsate and then go back to normal and everthhing seems to be ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Did i lose you?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
8/6/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more information.

Any recent repairs to the vehicle before this issue started?

how is the tread depth of each tire ?

thanks

two in the back older then two in front al have normal tire depth. no recent repairs
Usually when you have an unexpected abs activation means that either you have a speed sensor getting weak
when it gets weak then it looses speed signal and then the module reads as a wheel slip
A scan tool is needed to monitor the signals and the signal that drops out is the sensor to replace. Unfortunately a scan tool is needed and a professional one is required
I have an unonova scanner but I have not used it so I don't really understand it I guess used to working on older cars without computers

some code readers will not read abs modules for codes .

I already had $36.00 taken out of account and got no where

I try to help out as best as possible with the information given . I have stated that special equipment you may not have may be needed to narrow down the issue. By any chance did you try autozone or advanced auto parts they have better scanners that they can scan ?

i'm a 3rd party consultant only for the service!!

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician