GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Starts and stalls, it will idle for maybe 10 sec. and starts

Customer Question

starts and stalls
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: it will idle for maybe 10 sec. and starts to stumble then stalls
JA: What is the model of your '10 Chevy?
Customer: 1999 corvette
JA: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it had code for a map sensor and one for crankshaft sensor i erased them the map came back so i replaced it and it does the same thing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It starts and idle strong but when i but my foot on gas pedal it bogs and starts to stumble like its running out of fuel i hooked up scanner and it had a po336 and it had a map code i erased them map code came back so i figured it was a hard code well i replaced it same thing
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

what was the actually # code for that ?

oh nevermind I see it in the next text

so the map code is back and stays on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Po336,po108 also im a tech
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It came back i replaced it now it doesn't have any codes but still the same problem

because of the 336 and the continuing condition I would scope out the crankshaft sensor and see what the wave looks like and ohm it out as well for faults

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm wondering if the crankshaft sensor would cause that problem cause it starts just stalls

it would for sure, do you have the troubleshooting breakdown for that and spec numbers?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it doesn't run long enough to do much i was wondering was the pump falling out
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i know how to check the sensor

that could also be a issue, but we have to start somewhere, after the crank thats the next thing I would check

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i would of thought that if the crankshaft sensor had a problem it would have threw the code again

depending on the severity of the fault it may have been working under the set parameters of the sensor and not able to throw the code but I bet if you crank on it all night it will come back up