Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How can I turn OFF the GM Alarm System VSC 3400 on a 2001…

Customer Question
How can I turn OFF...
How can I turn OFF the GM Alarm System VSC 3400 on a 2001 Z71 4WD Tahoe? I had battery cable off, when I put it back on the alarm goes crazy - horn, speaker, dash flashes and I need it off to drive it to Chevrolet and get it reprogramed. I tried to set the system features but I can't must not be doing it right. It was dealer installed when I bought the truck.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
Is there a fuse I can pull ?
8/6/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

try this procedure it takes 30 mins to relarn the system

Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
  6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs, if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.
I have the battery off. If I just try to connect it, the system goes off. If I try and use the valet switch codes in the manual but I can not get it to work. I just want to turn it off or disable it. I am trying the System feature learn routines from the manual for features 1 thru 9 and you press the valet button. I just want to turn it OFF so I can drive the car to Chevrolet. They programmed it when I got it.
are you there? this is not working for me
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician