Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lost vent control, AC only doing to Defroster. Want to

Customer Question
Lost vent control,...

Lost vent control, AC only doing to Defroster. Want to replace all Rubber lines with Silicone but don't know the very small dimension of line id. or od.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

05 Astro 4.3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, I have to replace the Environmental control panel on Dash. Overheat on Fan Switch melted off handle. How difficult is it to remove dash and should the 6 vacuum lines to the unit also be replaced with Silicone/

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 3 days by:
8/8/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 11 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You