Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am replacing the turning signal switch on an 1989 C1500. I…

Customer Question
I am replacing the...

I am replacing the turning signal switch on an 1989 C1500. I have the steering wheel removed but am unable to get a metal plate on top of the turning signal switch off to get below it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I hope that I can get it from there.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
8/4/2017
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

You will need a steering lock plate compressor kit to depress the plate and let you remove the snap ring from the groove. Some autopart stores will have this for sale or in their loaner program.

Clkick here for a video showing its use

Please complete the rating if you have no further questions

Thanks

thanks.
Have a good day, I am going for a compressor .

Glad to help, please complete the rating if you have no further questions

Thanks