GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I can't get it out of 1st gear half the time. It's a yr 2000

Customer Question

I can't get it out of 1st gear half the time. It's a yr 2000 chevy 3500k 4x4 w/ a 6.5 liter turbo diesel. I was told this year & make have a known problem possibly connected to the ignition or something wrong w/ the computer. The transmission mechanic that took my $2300.oo & left me with the same problem, ran a wire from one fuse to another, which worked for a while then stopped.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Trans. rebuilt about 1 year & 1/2 ago. What brake switch?
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it the gears, I had the trans. rebuilt but it didn't stop the shifting problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just looking for someone who has heard of THIS problem before, do you have a mechanic that can confirm that before I pay?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Sorry for the excessive delay. I believe I can help if help is still needed.