sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I'm having issues with my push button 4 wheel drive, It's in

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm having issues with my push button*****
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: It's in good condition
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: I'm driving a z71 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried just the buttons so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, the lights on the buttons flash once before all going blank
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You could have several things going on and it's going to require some electrical testing to determine what is wrong. The problem may be with the transfer case motor, the transfer case module, the switches themselves, a wiring or power distribution issue. It sounds as if either the module itself has failed or it has seen a failure in the system and is purposely preventing shifting.

If there are no visible wiring or connection issues with the transfer case motor and no fuses are blown then what will need to be done is use a scan tool to see if the module communicates, and if so to see what fault codes are setting. If there are fault codes set then that will give a starting point for testing.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!