Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Fuel pressure at throttle very weak fuel not spraying into…

Customer Question
Fuel pressure at throttle...

Fuel pressure at throttle very weak fuel not spraying into throttle just dribling in

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

178000 k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1995 gmc 1500 4x4 extended cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed feul filter twice took off line at throttle body turn on key gas pressure at throttle body week

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think it is feul pump in tank

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Sounds like a bad pump in the tank. You need to check the fuel pressure with a gauge. Most parts stores will loan you one for a deposit.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.