Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2000 s10 4.3. There's a place in the fuse box for

Customer Question

I have a 2000 s10 4.3. There's a place in the fuse box for cruise control but it's not equipped with it. Is there a way to get parts from a junk yard or something to put it on or would I have to get one of those universal ones. And if I can, what would it consist of. I'm not an auto mechanic but I am an industrial maintenance mechanic so I am mechanically inclined and perform maintenance on my vehicle.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

There is a lot involved to upgrade to stock cruise and the PCM would need to be reprogrammed, I would recommend a aftermarket system. Here is a wiring diagram of stock cruise control so you can see all what needs to be done. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83y96ibx7ouqi25/cruises.pdf?dl=0