GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

02 trailblazer was hard to start after getting gas. The

Customer Question

02 trailblazer was hard to start after getting gas. The RPM's are revving high and the the acceleration is sluggish. it took a while for the thermostat to move from 100 to 210.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: some days it starts fine then after stopping and getting back in to go again i may have an issue with it starting again. it's not all the time.
JA: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. i plan to take it to my mechanic. i normally try seafoam and it usually does the trick. i havent tried this time. today was the first time it started idling high like that.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: hig rpm's, sluggish accelerattion and a whinining noise every time the truck accelerates.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. All of this started happening after getting gas?