Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The security light is on and car won't run how do I reset…

Customer Question
The security light is...

The security light is on and car won't run how do I reset the computer

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Stay on solded yes one time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1999 Chev blazer has4.3 vortexes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I tried turn key for 10min then off for 5scead Don that 3 times but didn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don't know of anything else

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
8/4/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I attached 2 procedures for you to review and try. One of them will work as long as there are no faults preventing it. If there are, then a scan tool is needed to find the reason. Most parts stores will loan you this tool for a deposit.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.