GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2003 Chevy Van Express 5.3 L 2500 * no ac, blower, heat, no

Customer Question

2003 Chevy Van Express 5.3 L 2500 * no ac , blower , heat , no air movement , all went out at the same time, put in new dash switch and checked as many fuses as I can find under hood and under seat. Have vacuum at switch , have two hot wires at switch with the 2 wire plug in connection. Trying to trace the wiring to see where there may be a problem... Norm
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes , one under seat and one on drivers side front top of inner fender well
JA: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes , I am an old time mechanic, used to be an instructor back in the day up until 2005 * checked vacuum lines at switch in dash, Check 12 v power at switch and that is where I stopped. I did buy another switch unit and it did not change anything.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought I was talking to a mechanic. I do not want a beginner or someone that does not have good background and itel
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

May I start by getting the VIN please?

Thank you!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
great , I put the question as seen above
7 Day Free Trial then only $28/month. Cancel anytime.
*Subject to the fair use policy. See details
Start My Free Trial
7-Day FREE Trial
03 August 2017 09:12
2003 Chevy Van Express 5.3 L 2500 *...
2003 Chevy Van Express 5.3 L 2500 * no ac , blower , heat , no air movement , all went out at the same time, put in new dash switch and checked as many fuses as I can find under hood and under seat. Have vacuum at switch , have two hot wires at switch with the 2 wire plug in connection.Trying to trace the wiring to see where there may be a problem... Norm
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes , one under seat and one on drivers side front top of inner fender well
JA: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes , I am an old time mechanic, used to be an instructor back in the day up until 2005 * checked vacuum lines at switch in dash, Check 12 v power at switch and that is where I stopped. I did buy another switch unit and it did not change anything.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought I was talking to a mechanic. I do not want a beginner or someone that does not have good background and itel
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Thank you sir.

DO you happen to have the VIN by chance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Actually I have injured my hip and need to do this tomorrow during the day. What is a good time for you? I don't mind calling as long as we talk about the money part of this. As I understand it , I put a 5.00 deposit and am to pay you an additional 23.00 after we finish. Now I see a 26.00 fee if I call. Is the 26.00 the full price for all?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Sir, I don't do the billing. I can lower the cost of the phone call down if you would like.

I will be on line just about all day tomorrow.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK let's do that. Can you find out how much I will have to spend on this process?
I am Norm and I am just an old time mechanic..Pretty much up to date and started out trying to find some electrical diagrams when this popped up on my screen so I said to myself, self, give it a try as long as you know how much you are going to spend ... Thanks Norm
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Norm,

I would love to help out as much as I can.

However, I am just a user of the site. I dont work for just answer so I dont have access to payment information. I am very sorry.

You can contact them using their contact page and they can answer all of your billing questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I get in touch with you tomorrow?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Simply reply back to me on this page and I will get it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK not sure how to get back to this page - guess I will copy the address in the address bar and hope for the best...
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

You should get an email every time I respond to this page..

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

The email you get will have a link to this page.

You will just have to log in again tomorrow..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Vin number is ***** 1GBFG15T631204724
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Excellent! Would you like to continue now or tomorrow?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will get in touch with you tomorrow.
I had my hip replaced recently and I messed it up working on the van so now I am paying the price with "pain" smile...
I will get in touch with these ask guys and make sure they are now charging me 5.00 plus 23.00 plus another 26.00 for talking on the phone. Better to do the 7 day free thing for 28.00...
thanks .. Norm
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have two email text messages that came in. will check the emails
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Sounds good norm.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have 8 text messages .. See ya tomorrow , gotta go get some heating and Ice pads.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Ouch! Get some rest. :)