Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just had tires and wheels with new tpms sensors installed…

Customer Question
I just had tires...

I just had tires and wheels with new tpms sensors installed on my 2006 trailblazer ss. I didn't get50 yards from the repair shop and the car died. check engine light, stabiltrack light and tpms indicator are all on. My question is, are the tpms indicators tied into the stabiltrack system. the shop didn't have time to calibrate the tpms units. All of the tpms indicated 0 pressure. because they are reading no tire pressure, even though there is, is this the cause of the engine dying?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

They stay on. Also when you turn the ignition on the engine doesn't crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself. tomorrow i'll have it towed to the chevy dealer. just wanted to know if the tpms reading of zero caused the stabiltrack fault?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chevy
8/3/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 11 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

the tire pressures reading 0 will not make it stall and not run

as for the stability being on the tire sensors are not related to that either

the odds are the stability being on and it dieing out

repairing the engine running should correct the stability light issue

with it not running and i am assuming its cranking over and not firing up the issue is the engine missing spark or fuel and should not be related to having tires and wheels put on this vehicle

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

the engine doe not crank at all. turn the key and nothing happens.just the indicators on the dash.

then there can be a bad connection at the battery or a ground to the engine

the key is the shop connecting a scan tool and seeing if the computer is telling the starter relay to activate

how are you making out ?

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer