Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Drivers side door panel dead. 2007 chevy avalance. Checked…

Customer Question
Drivers side door panel...

Drivers side door panel dead

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2007 chevy avalance

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, checked the fuse all looked good

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes, but not sure what fuse it would be under the hood

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

do you have a multi meter on hand ?

when the door is dead it is due to the drivers window switch assembly missing its big power or big ground

if the switch has power and ground then the drivers switch assembly is bad

if its missing power or ground usually there is a bad wire in the door jam area

if you replace the switch the new one MUST be programmed for it to work by your VIN number to download the programming in it as it is a computer and needs to be programmed before it can work

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician