Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2003 Silverado and not getting hardly any air flow…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Silverado and not getting hardly any air flow out of my front vents. I was going to start trying to correct the air flow by first replacing the cabin air flow filters but, have discovered that starting in 2003 they stopped having a replaceable air filter cavity in the HVAC case. Does that mean that dust & trash is not a concern on the redesigned Hvac unit? I have a blockage of some type that is keeping air from flowing out of my front vents on dash. Most of the air is only coming out of my defrost vents. Need some help?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time the filter was replaced? How has your mileage been lately?

My truck has about 235,000 miles on it and I have had it for about 4 years. This model does not have a filter in cabin?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, planning to fix it myself. First step was the cabin air filters, then was going to check the mode Actuator next.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
8/3/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 1 year ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

What size engine does your truck have in it?