Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Its idling really rough, Consistent, 2003 impala, My dad is…

Customer Question
Its idling really rough ...

Its idling really rough

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003 impala

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

My dad is fixing it. Just got done replacing the intake gasket. Now this

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

This could be a bad vacuum leak and needs to be found with a smoke machine because it can be external or internal. Also check for codes in the computer system if the check engine light is on. if you have a scan tool, this is the best way to see all the data. ALL the things I said to check require special tools and may be available at most parts store for use for a deposit.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me