Shawn Few
Shawn Few ,
Experience:  Lead Tech at F1 Auto Service
99645171

Hope all is good, i have 2001 vortec 8.1 v8 gasoline,

Customer Question

Hi hope all is good
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: i have 2001 vortec 8.1 v8 gasoline , recently we replace 8.1 with 8.8 short block only and we have used old head and manifold we are using this engine to power our generator since i start when am putting load rpm going highly up and down although i have replaced the spark plugs , a new throttle body new flywheel sensor and speed sensor please help me out of this am so irritated now
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: yes supply its coming in tthe cables
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its generator yes i have change plugs , rpm sensor and magnetic sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: and i have put new throttle
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Shawn Few replied 2 months ago.

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HI STILL I DID NO SOLVED AND FROM YOUR SIDE YOU HAVE DEDUCT THE PAYMENT AND AM SO DISAPPOINTED YOU HAVE COME WITH NO ANSWER BESIDE AM WAITING SO LONG !!!!!

I can send it in for refund for you

Sorry for your wait , but what is the issue with it

do you have a OBDII port to read fault code on this set up ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I HAVE CHECK THIS BUT PROBLEM NO ANY CODE IS COMING JUST HIGH FLUCTUATION

vacuum leaks, if you spray starting fluid on cold engine does rpm surges up ?

have you tried a simple Master Reset after Throttle change ,on car we do , Switch from off to on ,wait 30 secs, then back to off wait 30 secs then crank up and let it idle for 2 minutes then put a load on it and let it run 2 minutes to calibrate the Throttle ,if you have no gm tech II scanner to do it with

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

do not worry no spark will happen since we took power source out of the loop by taking both cables off, by touching them we are taking all residual power off the modules to reset them as if we using factory scanner .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

What of Scanner You are using on it GM Specific or Basic Code reader ?