GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Just bought a 2004 chevy optra for my 17 yr old. everything

Customer Question

Just bought a 2004 chevy optra for my 17 yr old . everything passed safety , we have only had the car 3 weeks and now experiencing trouble starting , thought it was the fuel , ran a tank of premium and a can of seafoam through , it was starting first thing , then troubk
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: sorry , yes it has(gas hog) , starting has become worse , some time not even turning over aas it did before , battery is fine
JA: Are you fixing your Optra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: had it to a mech that certified it , ran it through computer analysis...showed nothing , performed fuel pressure test , that was good , this was all yesterday , and now today i'm having a heck of a time starting it , sounds like its missing almost a back fire , but not .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was a leak at the exaust pipe by one of the O2 sensors , this was patched 3 weeks ago but I noticed it has let go . the patch that is , some cracks with exaust leake at this site
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 2 months ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

what engine 3.4 or 3.8

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
stand by I have to go look , I believe its aa Suzuki engine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Engine cover Detech-16 V
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you still there ?