Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am hearing a noise pretty much daily and it usually

Customer Question
I am hearing a...

I am hearing a noise pretty much daily and it usually happens when I accelerate. sounds funny but the noise sounds a lot like a dull hum with a high note on the end of it. really don't know how else to explain it. but it does happen all the time and like I said, usually when u touch the pedal to accelerate. any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

2012 with 113KM

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Chevy?

Traverse LT AWD.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I had it to the Chev dealer here 2 weeks ago, and they said they heard the noise but have no idea what it is which is kind of concerning. I have my own mechanic but didn't go to him for this as I thought going to a Chev dealer made more sense

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. that noise is very annoying and there has to be a reason for it. love the vehicle but this noise is concerning

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
8/2/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

does it make the noise when sitting still?or moving?

please explain the best you can

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No noise when sitting. Only when acceleration is done. Does not happen every time I accelerate but usually happens daily and when it does it continues for the balance of the day. Almost sounds like a sick moose if that makes sense. This past weekend it did it all weekend.

does the sound come from the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The noise does sound like it from the engone area but I can't say for sure. I hear the noise in front of me when driving is all I can say

stand by,i will opt out,,one of the other guys may have a better idea.

someone will be right with you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thx for your time I will just seek assistance at the dealership.
Chevy Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** you still need help?