Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2009 Chevy Express van with a 6.0 it stalled on me

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Chevy Express van with a 6.0 it stalled on me going 35 miles an hour and has not started since. It has 58 to 60 PSI fuel pressure has good spark has good injector pulse compression is equal all the way around but backfires when you try to start it
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: It has a hundred twenty thousand miles and is routine maintenance
JA: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am a mechanic of 30 years just trying to see if anybody else has had this issue. Van has triggered absolutely no codes I have tried reprogramming the computer but no results
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm stumped
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

With the throttle body open while cranking will it start using starting fluid?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have tryed that and it just backfires through the intake

What compression readings were you getting and did you do a leak down test?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
leak down passed and good compression on all 8 cyl within 5psi of a 130psi
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Acks like it is firing out of time

I have to agree on it either spraying fuel at the wrong time or sparking at the wrong time. Monitor the cam and crank sensors for an inconsistent reading. If they are fine then I would replace the computer.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have chage the cam and crank sensors and the pids on the tech are showing nothing out of the norm

The computer which controls the injectors the plugs is what I would go after next. Everything else is doing its part.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I pulled the plugs after it died and thay were fuel fald probably from trying to restart so replace them only to soak the new ones
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Completely puzzled

I still feel like the computer is to blame in this case not firing the plugs or injectors at the correct time based on all the other tests you have done assuming that info is accurate.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris