Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Passenger door on 2008 Silverado 2500 HD will not open

Customer Question

Passenger door on 2008 Silverado 2500 HD will not open inside or out father pulled up on handle to get out and something popped
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: No noise just pulled the handle and heard a pop from inside the door
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Friend pulled the inside of door apart said there was something broke inside a plastic part attached to the door
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is usually the outside handle that breaks needing replaced but I would have the door latch itself checked to see if the latch has failed needing replaced as this can cause this issue as well here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know.I suspect the outside door handle or latch needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete