Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My a/c has stopped working. I took it to several different

Customer Question

My a/c has stopped working. I took it to several different places and no one could figure out what was wrong with it. I finally found someone who fixed it my reseting my fuses but within a week it went back out. I then went to jiffy lube and they fixed it but within 2 days it went back out again. My compressor is working cause air is coming through but it's blowing hot air. I just want a permanent fix but I don't know what's wrong with it or where to go or how much I'm looking at to pay.
JA: The Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Is this a real person
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: I haven't but I took it to several mechanics. One said I need a new fuse box and the other one said I need a new thermostat. But I didn't think that the thermostat had anything to do with a/c
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Chevy sonic 2014 Lt 1.4
JA: Are you fixing your Sonic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I need to know a good mechanic I can take it to that knows how to fix Chevy sonic a/c.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Are you talking about the fuse for the ac compressor? is the refrigerant fully charged? thermostat has nothing to do with this problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I assumed it's the fuse for the a.c. compressor. And I don't know about the refrigerant. Every where I go no one can tell me what exactly is wrong with it. How do I know if it's fully charged.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

The only way to know the charge level of the system is with a professional shop ac machine. The system needs to be evacuated and recharged and tested under a vacuum. Dye will be added to the system and a UV light is used to check for leaks.